Saturday, May 03, 2008

Adventure of Demented Minds @ Pondy in April '08



Obviously, the sun never sets in the holiest of the places in southern India, the capital state for Tamil Naidu, Chennai. After a prolonged conversation with my best friend, where she allowed me to contemplate: do we have such characters? I decided to set off for Pondicherry. My colleague at Infosys Manish Nema couldn’t be better relief to come out of that jail where he is currently doing a project. We decided to take an ECR bus to pondy.

It was hot and I swear Chennai always leaves me speechless with its humidity factor. Everything is at extremes. So when we purchased the tickets and asked the driver “will you get a volvo for pondy?” he said we should wait there. we waited and waited . after half an hour we asked him again, he looked at me as if he had seen us for the first time..(I cannot use those words here)

Anyway, a steaming bus with more than its capacity was started with more than 70 odd people. Everywhere there was commotion, everything was in a mess. The bus started and whole throughout the journey manish and I were singing, jumping and checking out some birds. I was also lost in someone’s thought.

We reached Pondy and as usual manish and I decided to do the best we always do- select the best hotel and have some good food. After finishing the rituals...oh by the way, the hotel that we entered for food was called the 'BEST' and if it means, you'll only get Masala Dosa there and nothing else, GOD knows what it means. anyway, we took some rest and straight off went to the beach.




Now, folks please understand this is my first visit to pondy and as usual we were cluless about the directions. So, when we asked a gentelman (who would in any day give a run to the great Bollywood comedian 'Keshto Mukherjee"..go starrrrrright. That straight would have lead us to a graveyard. I am 26 now and assume that I can wait for some more time to go that place.

So, a straight walk lead us to the ROCKY beach. As the name suggests, its a place filled with rocks. Manish and I had a gala time taking snaps of each other in different angles...we were the only person in the world without a girlfriend and things really get bad when we see couples everywhere...By the way, readers we are very much staright persons. Soon, we thought we would have some food again.

Manish was screaming for some drinks too. Let me tell you something, when you are on a project in a place like Chennai and have a manager who doesn't care a damn soul, you need drinks.

So, heard a lot about it. Hotel Rendezvous take a bow! The place is marvelous both in its food and scenic food. we had awesome time out there getting floored in all directions. The entire evening was filled with sher-o-shayari, anecdotes, bashing of everyone. Manish didn't leave me also. He called me names and after that he said sorry. Anyway, we took a long walk to the hotel again and we don't know what

happened next because the last thing that I remember was someone screaming....

The following day we went to Aurobindo Ashram..we had a gala time..I saw people praying, meditating and all. Good! I will come here in my late 50's. I bought some stuffs from my friends and if they are reading it guys its time you buy me something. At 1 we took a bus ride back to Chennai.

An awesome trip that was filled with fun and amazing comradeship. Keep watching this space for more trips of mine. Till then Sayonara!

1 comment:

heeralvora said...

Surely looks like you guys had a great time. After reading the article i feel like going to pondy... but i shouldn't say much i just somehow managed to get out of bangalore!!! Looking forward to reading about your forthcoming trips :)