Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Turing over a new leaf!!!

Ah here it goes again, you wont learn from your mistake. Right from day one this has been quite a common statement from my Manager to me. I have been blasted on many occasions for documentation. My manager’s review carried strings of comments (wide range and colourful!) and many of them pointing: I am unable to explain the message in a simple and concise manner. Now, initially I was reluctant to explore the mudholes, but finally when one day I had a look into my document and found out- it clearly lacked a simple approach. My redundancy to acquire the basics KISS has never been easy since I was simultaneously doing content writing.

Typically, when you are documenting something you need to keep your target audience in mind; your writing varies according to the audience. Obviously, the documentation your message will be bit different

No comments: