Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Take on Rab Ne Bana De Jodi

For a few seconds, I wanted to go back to the initial phase of our conversation. I wanted to tell my friend that I am not interested in watching a Shahrukh Khan movie. But, than I found myself in a theater with three girls on my right. Aditya Chopra, the makers of DDLJ and Mohabatte has always baffled me.



It is because I expect a lot from this cinematic lad. He has all the ingredients to deliver movies of par excellence but seems to be stuck up in the world of romances only. Like father Yash Chopra who is the reigning king of romance, but than he did movies like KALICHARAN, KALA PATHAR & TRISHUL too.

Shahrukh Khan, big name, brand ambassador of almost all the products that my idiotic memory could think about does a desi punjabi guy- specks wale bhaisaab, 9-6 duty karne wale. So, when this honest lad marries a girl, jo pyaar nahin karna chati hai, than he is OK with it...

Anyway, see the movie works for me plainly because the chemistry shown by Anushka with Shahrukh. She delivers a power-packed performance. She is beautiful not that glamorous and her magic works.

It could have been much better movie had the director shown pathos of Surendra more when he identifies her wife's love for Raj (that's me!!!). It is a bollywood movie with its reality surmountable.

It will work in couple of centers but Aditya Chopra needs to change his genre. Else, he is another Karan Johar in making. One time wonder- Remember Bollywood has a short-term memory. Wake up Aditya

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice write-up

shilpa said...

gud wrk..