Sunday, May 17, 2009

Revisting Panache With Godfather

"Michael, your father loves you very much, very much".

I was watching Godfather for the umpteenth number of times, and each time there is something new to take from the movie. I grew up watching Al Pacino and Robert De Niro's movies, and dreamt of someday to deliver a power-packed performance like them in a stage. That of course, never happened...so far.

The beauty of Godfather is in the powerful script. If you start analyzing Godfather trilogy, you will see that none of the characters had lot of dialogues. Marlon Brando as Vito Corleone spoke more through his eyes and meant it. Maybe the director Francis Ford Coppola was forced to get Marlon's anger sparkled in the screen when he threatened the five families of utter consequences had anything happened to Michael Corleone, exiled for murdering Solloze and the chief cops.

Al Pacino, undoubtedly the greatest of all time actors, plays the son of Vito Corleone with a certain deal of panache. He too moves and scales up his life and family with a certain degree of calmness.

Robert De Niro, playing Vito Corleone in his prime shows the determination required to grow up in life. He is a family-oriented man, who loses his job, because the shop owner had to give his job to a local mafia's cousin. He is disheartened by all this, but he smilingly accepts the decision. His humility is astounding.

In life the road to success is filled with hardships. I understand it is not going to be an easy one, but if with all my humility I can walk ahead in my life, believing that I ain't hurting others in my actions, and helping others to succeed in their careers, it would be worth one. Everyone wishes for success and I believe the day it comes to me, I have all the humility to accept it.

No comments: