Sunday, September 13, 2009

We are Just Friends

My ex-girlfriend had a habit of being humorous at odd times. I recall an incident during our break-up when she said no matter whatever happens, we will continue to be good friends. That we will still be calling up each other regularly, exchanging notes here and then and then meeting at odd times.

It looked to me practical during that period, but no sooner she walked out of my house, she behaved just the reverse. She blocked me on her social-network portals and tried behaving as if it was difficult for her to keep in touched. When I quizzed her friends about them, they all told me it was difficult for her to keep in touch and be friends.That is my story. I have had friends, who are mostly girls and they are all very genial in nature. But, I have to admit that it has been not easy to just 'be friends'.

Imagine spending a Saturday night with a best friend, who is stunning looking and is just irresistible. I have found it extremely difficult to face these situations and more so when I had break-ups. I think I feel guilty.

Yes, it is a guilt that makes me feel so boorish of how could I even think of fancying my best friend like this, but then it happens.

I have been working for some time now and make enough to have a decent living. At workplace I tend to easily make friends who are extremely cordial in nature. The ladies whom I encounter at workplace do not mind having a drink at the end of the day.

During the conversations, these ladies feel that when you spend exactly more than 8 hours in a day with a male counterpart, obviously there is a channel of communication flowing between two individuals, that ultimately results in a bonding, physical may be just one more thing that happens.

I think a man and a woman can be good friends, but in friendship it is liable that you share a lot of things with a fellow human being. These thoughts and feelings are unshareable. Often when you share at times, a small peck on the cheek, a cuddle on the arms gives a different name to the friendship.

The subject of male/female friendships is intriguing and debatable, and everyone seems to have an opinion. What both men and women should keep in mind is, as someone told me, that true friendship requires shared experiences where trust and loyalty are proven over time. "It's harder for men and women to get to that place, particularly if they become lovers," he says.

Well, I guess I have to simplify my life a bit.

No comments: